You still have at least a week to take advantage of the last few days in the dry season, state weather bureau Pagasa said.
Share this site:
- Globe unveils what it calls 'the best-ever MySuperPlan'
- Meet PH's poorest congressman
- Smart Flexibundles to be available to postpaid subscribers starting May 26
- Carlos Celdran to Filipinos: Keep calm and ignore Dan Brown
- Comelec proclaims early party-list winners
- Can new law change 'Filipino time'?
- Dan Brown calls Manila 'gates of hell'; MMDA cries foul
- Pope Francis to visit PH in 2016?
- Comelec blames weak telecom signals for transmission delays Tinig Ng Botante
- One more week of beach weather, Pagasa says Yahoo! Southeast Asia Newsroom
- First time MILF voters’ top senatorial choice: “Anak ni King” Tinig Ng Botante
- Insular Lifeâ€™s new premiums grow by 178% in first quarter MB
Insular Life reported yesterday that it continues to post record-breaking results in 2013. New business premiums for the first quarter from its agency force surged to P2.4 billion for a growth of 178 percent over the same period in 2012. New policies sold likewise increased by a hefty 48 percent.
- Paulo Coelho appease Pinoys with warm tweet: 'your souls lead to the gates of heaven' MB
Dan Brown might have not responded as yet to Metropolitan Manila Development Authority chairman Francis Tolentino's letter expressing disappointment over what he deemed as the author's "inaccurate" depiction of Manila in his latest novel, Inferno, but famed writer Paulo Coelho was only too quick to appease Pinoys with a warm tweet concerning the issue. ...
- Obama wants to end 'war on terror' but Congress balks Reuters Middle East
* Republicans push back on closing Guantanamo * Americans' main concerns are economy, domestic issues * Congress controls government's purse strings (Recasts with Republican reaction) By Patricia Zengerle and Matt Spetalnick WASHINGTON, May 24 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama wantsto roll back some of the most controversial aspects of the U.S."war on terror," but efforts to alter the global fight againstIslamist militants will face the usual hurdle at home: staunchopposition from Republicans
- N. Korea wants peace, envoy tells China official AFP News
- Truck crash caused Washington state bridge collapse: officials Reuters
By Elaine Porterfield MOUNT VERNON, Washington (Reuters) - A bridge collapse that sent cars and drivers plunging into the frigid Skagit River in Washington state, raising concerns about the safety of the nation's aging infrastructure, was caused when a truck crashed into at least one girder, officials said on Friday. The truck, after the accident, rumbled across the bridge safely before a portion of the structure collapsed, sending two vehicles and a mass of concrete and steel into the river on
- Pair grilled after UK fighter jets escort Pakistani plane AFP News
- Syria regime to attend peace talks: Russia AFP News
By Lavinia Mo HONG KONG (Reuters) - The new H7N9 bird flu virus can be transmitted between mammals not only via direct contact but also in airborne droplets, and may be capable of spreading from person to person, Chinese and American researchers have found. A study published in the journal Science and presented at a briefing in Hong Kong on Friday found that three ferrets - an animal often used for research on flu - that were in the same cage as ferrets infected with H7N9 had contracted the
- IMF chief grilled for second day over French payout scandal AFP News
- Judge says leaning toward U.S. in Apple e-books case Reuters
By Nate Raymond NEW YORK (Reuters) - In an unusual move before a trial, a federal judge expressed a tentative view that the U.S. Justice Department will be able to show evidence that Apple Inc (AAPL.O) ...
- Me and My Philippines: Victor Consunji InFlight
- Guest lineups for the Sunday news shows AP
WASHINGTON (AP) — Guest lineups for the Sunday TV news shows:
- Smart Flexibundles to be available to postpaid subscribers starting May 26 Yahoo! Southeast Asia Newsroom
- Globe unveils what it calls 'the best-ever MySuperPlan' Yahoo! Southeast Asia Newsroom
- Officially official: HTC One, coming to PH stores May 24 Yahoo! Southeast Asia Newsroom
- Gaming Madness in China: Attacking the Police, Driving out a Japanese Porn Star, Faking a Kidnapping Tech in Asia
- So Far So Good: BBM Money Reaches 60,000 Users in 3 Months Tech in Asia
By REYNARD MAGTOTO, VERA Files LEGAZPI City—After assuring Bicolanos that no one will be left behind in Albay’s surge to prosperity, reelected Gov. Joey SarteSalceda said he is ready to “paddle the boat” to fulfilling his vision for the province. … Continue reading → More »
Q and A with MILF chair Al Haj Murad Ebrahim: “Within this year we will start building our political …
By Carolyn O. Arguillas, Mindanews and VERA Files DARAPANAN, Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao – The May 13 synchronized national, regional and local elections marked the Moro Islamic Liberation Front’s first foray into electoral politics, albeit only partly, as a “testing ground,” … Continue reading → More »
By Carolyn O. Arguillas, MindaNews and VERA Files DARAPANAN, Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao – “Anak ni King.” “Anak ni Idol.” Movie actor Fernando Poe, Jr. is nearly nine years dead but he is still “King” or “Idol” for members of the … Continue reading → More »
Some 18,000 precinct count optical scan (PCOS) machines covering about 23 percent of the total clustered precincts experienced transmission problems on Election Day because of weak signals, Commission on Elections Chairman Sixto Brillantes Jr. said on Thursday. “It is not … Continue reading → More »
By Mikha Flores, VERA Files First it was the source code for the PCOS machines they were quarrelling about. Now former colleagues, Commission on Elections Chairman Sixto Brillantes, Jr. and Augusto “Gus” Lagman are squabbling about intelligence funds. Lagman, who … Continue reading → More »
By Darlene Cay, VERA Files Efforts of persons with disabilities and advocates in promoting the right of PWDs to suffrage went to waste in last week’s midterm elections, no thanks to the Commission on Elections, the executive director of National … Continue reading → More »