The Department of Foreign Affairs confirms a Filipino-American teenager was among those injured after a lone gunman opened fire at people watching the new Batman film “The Dark Knight Rises” on Friday, the Philippine Star reports.
The attack killed 12 people, including a six-year-old, and injured 60.
In a separate report, the Agence France Press noted that three Indonesians were also among those injured.
Quoting Indonesian Foreign Affairs Minister Marty Natalegawa, AFP reported that three of those hurt were Indonesian nationals.
"It's a father, a mother and their son," Natalegawa told reporters in Jakarta capital.
The AFP report said that the 15-year-old son and the mother were taken to a hospital after suffering from gunshot wounds. The father reporteldy sustained a bruise on his left eye.
The suspect, James Holmes, who police authorities say now prepared for months for this attack, is now in custody.
Police revealed that Holmes who surrendered soon after the massacre bought more than 6,000 rounds of ammunition over the Internet and four weapons at local gun shops in the last two months.
President Barack Obama cut short a campaign trip to Florida and returned to the White House to address the situation, although his spokesman said there appeared to have been no link to terrorism. -With additional reports from Agence France Presse
While others let go of burdens in an attempt to fly, it was by taking on more challenges that a young Filipino cadet soared from the shadow he had been under.