The so-called "Battle of Manila" may be over, but remnants of the tense political contest seem to have spurred another fight, this time between socialites on Twitter.
- Sweden to face Swiss outsiders in ice hockey world final
- US dethrone champions Russia, Finns and Swedes go through
- Sweden grab world title on home ice
- Americans beat Finland to grab world bronze
- Zhang, Wang in final as Li wins women's gold
- Li, Shiwen in table tennis final, Chinese men on track
- Zhang retains men's world crown
Editor’s note:Yahoo! Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.
- Brothers in the Senate: JV and Jinggoy Estrada
- Zest Air cancels Kalibo-Taiwan flights
- What the new PH warship is capable of
- Nancy Binay and Risa Hontiveros: From foes to allies?
- Hagedorn undaunted after election defeat
- It's time to move on, Zubiri says
- 'Battle of Manila' spills over to Twitter: Georgina Wilson vs. Jake Ejercito
- Trillanes is last to be formally proclaimed
- Why Honasan feels bittersweet at his proclamation
Today on Yahoo!
- Reuters - 20 hours ago
By Paul Casciato LONDON (Reuters) - Some spectators at London's Chelsea Flower Show wouldn't be caught dead with one in the trunk of their Bentley, but garden gnomes have turned up at the show's 100th edition this year, for charity. The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), which runs Chelsea in the grounds of the Christopher Wren-built Royal Hospital Chelsea, has lifted a ban on the ceramic figures with floppy hats and beards in order to raise funds for an RHS charity that supports the use of
- Reuters - 22 hours ago
By Jonathan Kaminsky OLYMPIA, Washington (Reuters) - With Washington state about to embark on a first-of-its-kind legal market for recreational marijuana, the budding ranks of new cannabis growers face a quandary over what to do with the excess stems, roots and leaves from their plants. Susannah Gross, who owns a five-acre farm north of Seattle, is part of a group experimenting with a solution that seems to make the most of marijuana's appetite-enhancing properties - turning weed waste into pig
- Reuters - Mon, May 20, 2013
By Jane Lee SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Humor may not always translate well, but Jon Stewart is picking up millions of fans in China, where his gloves-off political satire is refreshing for many in a country where such criticism is a rarity - especially when directed at their own leaders. A recent segment on North Korea scored over 4 million views on microblogger Sina Weibo, and even stodgy state broadcaster CCTV has used Stewart's "The Daily Show" in a report, though they wouldn't let a Chinese
- Reuters - Mon, May 20, 2013
By Brendan O'Brien (Reuters) - A single winning ticket for a record Powerball lottery jackpot worth $590.5 million was sold in Florida, organizers said late on Saturday, but there was no immediate word about who won one of the largest jackpots in U.S. history. The winning numbers from Saturday night's drawing were: 10, 13, 14, 22 and 52, with a Powerball number of 11. The odds of winning were put at 1 in 175 million. The winning ticket was sold at a Publix supermarket in Zephyrhills, a suburb
- Reuters - Sun, May 19, 2013
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germans lamented their unexpectedly poor showing at the Eurovision Song Contest, blaming Chancellor Angela Merkel's tough stance in the euro zone crisis for their failure to win any points from 34 of the 39 countries voting. Denmark's Emmelie de Forest won the event, watched by around 125 million people across Europe, with 281 points while German act Cascada was 21st out of 26 countries, getting just 18 points from Austria, Israel, Spain, Albania and Switzerland. ...
- Chinese, Taiwanese nationals with computer gadgets held - The Inbox
By LEILANIE ADRIANO, VERA Files LAOAG CITY, Ilocos Norte– At least 40 Chinese and 12 Taiwanese nationals who were found with several electronic and computer gadgets and accessories in a resort in Vigan were rounded up and detained for questioning, … Continue reading →
- Ramos urges neutral probe of Taiwan incident, reminds Pinoys of Contemplacion case - The Inbox
By Ellen Tordesillas, VERA Files MAKASSAR, Indonesia—Former President Fidel V. Ramos has recommended the creation of a neutral investigation on the May 9 encounter between a Philippine patrol ship and Taiwanese fishing vessel in the disputed maritime boundary that resulted … Continue reading →
- FVR leads call for reduction of budget for lethal weapons - The Inbox
By Ellen Tordesillas, VERA Files MAKASSAR, Indonesia—Former President Fidel V. Ramos Monday called on rich countries to reduce their budget for deadly weapons and realign resources for public safety, including navigation in the disputed waters in the South China Sea. … Continue reading →
- Activism in art the Carlos Celdran way - The Inbox
By Matthew Reysio-Cruz, VERA Files The whole nation wondered who he was. Sporting a black overcoat and top hat, performer and tourist guide Carlos Celdran stood before a group of bishops at the Manila Cathedral in September 2010 holding up … Continue reading →
- Basketball, brotherhood, and beating a bleeding disease - The Inbox
By Lean Carlo Macoto, VERA Files Like the vast majority of Filipino men, Raymund Nanos is a huge basketball fan. His favorite sport is basketball. His favorite pastime is watching basketball. Those who don’t know him would probably think he … Continue reading →