MANILA, Philippines - Even though the lie detector test she underwent has shown a negative, police investigators said yesterday that the maid of Maria Cecilia delos Santos has not been cleared in the kidnapping of a baby boy at a Quezon City hospital.
Senior Inspector Rowena Lambojo, chief of the Quezon City Police District's Women and Children Protection Desk (QCPD-WCPD), explained that results of a polygraph test are not admissible as evidence. "The maid is not yet exonerated."
At the moment, the police official bared that her office is also conducting a background check on the maid to determine if she has any criminal involvement in the past.
Just last Monday, the maid underwent a lie detector test after she was being suspected by Delos Santos being involved in the kidnapping of her new born son, Sean Gabriel, last September 4.
So far, Lambojo said that Delos Santos has not yet filed any charges of kidnapping.
Lambojo cited that she has been encouraging Delos Santos to file the case but the complainant still wants to build a case first.
The police official said that two to three persons, including the maid, could be involved in the abduction of the baby at the Sta. Teresita General Hospital in Quezon City.
Last Wednesday, QCPD director Chief Superintendent Mario dela Vega announced that the hospital is offering a R100,000 for any information that will lead to the recovery of the infant.
In a letter to Dela Vega, hospital medical director Dr. Melchor Cruz said: "The Sta. Teresita General Hospital is putting a reward in the amount of R100,000.00 for any information that will facilitate the immediate recovery of Baby Boy Sean Gabriel Delos Santos who was taken out of the hospital last September 4, 2012, between 4-5 a.m."
Delos Santos recalled that on the morning of September 4, her son was with her at the ward when an unidentified woman posing as a doctor took the baby on the pretense of undergoing a newborn screening. The fake doctor also seemed to know the details of the medical history of Delos Santos.