Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
Many people have finally figured out that you don’t have to spend a fortune to get quality skincare. To be honest, drugstore face moisturizers have even helped me battle my own normal-to-dry skin woes.
To be frank, a lot of skin concerns people face are due to using the wrong moisturizer or not using one, period. A lack of moisture in the skin can be the cause of dull-looking skin, fine lines and wrinkles and even itchiness. Plus, if you’re not using a moisturizer alongside your serums and treatments, you may not actually be reaping the benefits of all your products.
“Many of the most effective skincare ingredients like retinoids, salicylic acid, and benzoyl peroxide tend to be very drying,” dermatologist Whitney Bowe tells Good Housekeeping.
To get your skin right without overspending, take a peek at some well-loved drugstore face moisturizers:
- Best Cannabis Drugstore Face Moisturizer: E.l.f. Happy Hydration Cream
- Best Bulk Drugstore Face Moisturizer: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
- Best Gel Drugstore Moisturizer for Dry Skin: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
- Best Nighttime Drugstore Moisturizer: Regenerist Retinol 24 Max NightFace Moisturizer
- Best Daytime Drugstore Face Moisturizer: CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM SPF 30
- Best Noncomedigenic Drugstore Moisturizer: Garnier SkinActive Moisture Rescue Face Moisturizer
- Best Oil-Free SPF Drugstore Moisturizer: Toleriane Double Repair Facial Moisturizer With SPF
- Best Drugstore Moisturizer For Oily Skin: Versed Dew Point Moisturizing Gel-Cream
- Best Drugstore Moisturizer For Combination To Dry Skin: SheaMoisture Cannabis & Witch Hazel Skin Rescue Moisturizer
- Best Dewy Drugstore Moisturizer: Honest Beauty Hydrogel Cream
1. Best Cannabis Drugstore Face Moisturizer: E.l.f. Happy Hydration Cream, $12
The Happy Hydration Cream from E.l.f. is one of my personal drugstore holy grails. Perfect for those with dry skin, this cream features hemp-derived cannabis sativa, providing intense moisture that melts into the skin.
2. Best Bulk Drugstore Face Moisturizer: CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, $15.49
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is one of Amazon’s best sellers in Beauty, and it almost has a full 5 stars on Ulta. As a 16-ounce jar, this is one of the best drugstore face moisturizers that can last about six months to a year, giving you your money’s worth.
3. Best Gel Drugstore Moisturizer for Dry Skin Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream, $16.99
If you’re someone with ultra-dry skin, this is one of my personal favorite gel-cream moisturizers. The Neutrogena Hyrdroboost Gel-Cream can quench your face as soon as the fragrance-free product comes into contact with your skin. It offers a supple texture to the skin once applied, and works well under makeup.
4. Best Nighttime Drugstore Moisturizer: Regenerist Retinol 24 Max NightFace Moisturizer, $32.99
If you want to get the most out of your skincare routine, having a thicker moisturizer for bedtime can do wonders. This Regenerist NightFace Moisturizer from Olay has over 16,000 reviews with one customer saying after one use, their skin felt “restored, hydrated and smooth.”
5. Best Daytime Drugstore Face Moisturizer: CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM SPF 30, $12.69
Dermotologists from the American Academy of Dermatology say during the day, you should wear an SPF of at least 30 or higher to protect your skin. Thankfully, CeraVe offers this Amazon bestselling CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 to moisturize and protect your skin all at once.
6. Best Noncomedigenic Drugstore Moisturizer: Garnier SkinActive Moisture Rescue Face Moisturizer, $6.62
Gel cream moisturizers are great for those who have oily-combination skin, but this one is specifically for those with normal-combination skin. Similar to Neutrogena’s Hydroboost, this moisturizer has a water-like feel and locks in moisture for 24 hours.
7. Best Oil-Free SPF Drugstore Moisturizer: Toleriane Double Repair Facial Moisturizer With SPF, $19.99
This oil-free SPF moisturizer is a good option for those with oily skin who want to protect their skin. The La Roche-Posay Toleraine Moisturizer nourishes the skin and restores the skin’s natural protective barrier.
8. Best Drugstore Moisturizer For Oily Skin: Versed Dew Point Moisturizing Gel-Cream, $14.99
Like I said, gel-cream moisturizers do wonders for oily skin, and this one has it all (minus SPF). As another fragrance-free pick, this moisturizer is more lightweight and ideal for hotter days of the year. However, it’s also non-greasy and absorbs into the skin — fast.
9. Best Drugstore Moisturizer For Combination To Dry Skin: SheaMoisture Cannabis & Witch Hazel Skin Rescue Moisturizer, $11.99
One of the best drugstore face mosisturizer for combination to dry skin is this gem from SheaMoisture. As another hemp seed oil-based moisturizer, it’ll offer hydrating benefits as well as witch hazel and vitamin E. The skin rescue moisturizer is also made for those with more mature and/or sensitive skin.
10. Best Dewy Drugstore Moisturizer: Honest Beauty Hydrogel Cream, $19.99
This Hydrogel Cream from Honest Beauty offers up a dewy glow after application. Plus, the moisturizer uses ingredients like hyaluronic acid to offer intense moisture since it’s mostly water. Not to mention, it also helps firm the skin and smooth it out.
If you enjoyed this story, you may also like this WOC-owned brand addressing skin conditions at Nordstrom.
More from In The Know:
The post 10 highly-rated drugstore moisturizers that are super budget-friendly appeared first on In The Know.