Here are 10 destinations you shouldn’t miss when you visit Davao!
1. Looking for a place to stay? Try out Ponce Suites Gallery Hotel. You don’t only get a room, you even get to treat your eyes with the sculptures and art collections done by Davao’s pride, Kublai Millan.
2. For a mix of recreation, dining, and history, visit JACK’S Ridge and enjoy the scenic beauty of the city, and the gulf of Davao. This once WW2 Japanese Army headquarters is now the home of great sites, sumptuous food, and lively entertainment.
3. When in Davao, it’s the greatest challenge to taste their best fruit – Durian! But if you really can’t stomach the smell, why not try a Durian Larcepuccino at BluGre Café? They serve the best durian coffee -- tourists-certified!
4. Want more challenge? Go mountain climbing to the peak of the highest mountain in the country – Mt. Apo! Experience Lake Agco Resort, Mount Apo National Park, and Lake Venado as well.
Lake Agco Resort is a 24-kilometer drive from Kidapawan City. Visitors can get there by jeep or van. Entrance fee is P15 per person.
Mount Apo National Park is situated in the areas of Magpet, Makilala, and Kidapawan City in North Cotobato; Bansalan, Sta. Cruz, and Digos City in Davao del Sur; and Davao City.
Lake Venado is located in Mt. Apo. This is where the different Mt. Apo trails intersect.
5. Go for a laid back tour and meet “Mindanao” at its sanctuary, the Philippine Eagle Center (PEC). Entrance fee is very cheap, priced at P50 for adults and P30 for those under 18 years old. It’s an hour drive from Davao City and can be reached by public transport. Buses in Annil Terminal heading to Calinan depart every 15 minutes. The fare is P30. From Calinan, take a pedicab worth around P6 per head going to PEC. There’s an entrance fee of P5 for adults and P3 for kids once visitors enter the Davao City Water District.
6. Experience the “Pangil Encounter” show at the Crocodile Park, showcased by no other than Pangil himself, Philippines’s second largest croc! Show starts at 4:00 PM. A package rate for a Wildlife Adventure of $185 for 8 people is also offered.
7. Have a deeper appreciation of nature and get to breathe fresh forest air in Eden Nature Park. Here you’ll find an organic vegetable garden, tropical flowers, and pine trees. Also, don’t miss the Amphitheater, Mayumi’s Well, Lola’s Garden, and Plaza Maria while in the Park. An entrance and buffet lunch day package is offered at P470 for adults and P300 for children (4 to 10 years old).
Nature. Culture. Adventure. Wow, Davao!