150 houses razed in morning blaze in Mambaling

A FIRE in the early hours of Sunday morning, Dec. 4, 2022, destroyed 150 houses in Sitio Wangyu, Barangay Mambaling, Cebu City.

FO3 Emerson Arceo, investigator of the Cebu City Fire Office, said damage estimates were placed at P3.7 million, adding that majority of the houses were made of wood.

He said they raised the first alarm at 1:49 a.m. before raising the second alarm at 2:07 a.m. The fire was placed under control an hour later before it was put out at 3:36 a.m.

Arceo said the fire started in the house of the Cenabre family.

According to his initial investigation, an e-tricycle that was being charged exploded. It had been left unattended.

At 10:30 a.m., another fire struck Sitio Dapdap in Barangay San Nicolas, razing three unoccupied buildings.

Damage estimates were placed at P9 million.

Arceo said they raised the first alarm at 10:35 a.m. The fire was placed under control at 10:48 a.m. before fire out was declared two minutes later.

He said they have yet to determine the cause of the blaze. (BBT / PJB)