Sixteen accommodation establishments (AEs) in Central Visayas, which are accredited by the Department of Tourism (DOT), were awarded the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) Safe Travels Stamp.
This marks them as destinations and businesses that have adopted globally standardized health protocols.
Nine AEs in CV with the WTTC Safe Travels Stamp are located in Cebu and seven in Bohol. These are:
• Bai Hotel
• Cebu White Sands Resort and Spa
• C Suites at 8 Newtown
• Jpark Island Resort and Waterpark
• Plantation Bay Resort and Spa
• Tambuli Seaside Resort and Spa
• The Hotel Elizabeth
• Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino (applicable to hotel operations only)
• Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino (applicable to hotel operations only)
• Amarela Resort
• Amun Ini Resort and Spa
• Best Western Plus The Ivywall Resort
• Bohol Beach Club Panglao, Bohol
• Modala Beach Resort
• Mithi Resort and Spa
• The Bellevue Resort
Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat awarded the stamp to successful AEs nationwide during a virtual Zoom meeting on Wednesday, April 21, 2021.
The WTTC Safe Travels Stamp is the world’s first safety and hygiene stamp created for travelers to recognize governments and businesses that have adopted global health standardized protocols, DOT said.
Aside from being promoted in the websites and social media platforms of the DOT and the Tourism Promotions Board, the recipients benefit from brand awareness, global exposure, and a vast network of WTTC member organizations. (JOB)