17 minors escape from Operation Second Chance

SEVENTEEN minors escaped from Operation Second Chance, a juvenile detention center in Barangay Kalunasan, Cebu City, Wednesday morning, January 11, 2023.

Police Major Armando Labora, chief of Guadalupe Police Station, said the search for the missing juveniles continued as of 11 a.m. Wednesday, while investigation on what happened was ongoing.

Reports said the minors escaped while their breakfast had been readied.

The Operation Second Chance has been holding juveniles who committed crimes.

The escape Wednesday was not the first time, as some minors also attempted to flee before. They were, however, found and returned to the center after their parents helped in finding them. (AYB/LMY)