2020/21 Bar exams rescheduled again—to February 2022

·2 min read

THE 2020/21 Bar examinations has been rescheduled again, this time to February 4, 2022 (Friday) and February 6, 2022 (Sunday).

Associate Justice and 2020/21 Bar Examinations Chairperson Marvic Leonen cited the surge in coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases for the postponement decided upon by the Supreme Court (SC) En Banc.

“As of today, 16.8 percent of the 8,546 Bar examinees who have responded to an email sent by the Office of the Bar Chairperson are any of the three: positive for Covid-19; living with someone positive for Covid-19; or under quarantine due to a direct contact,” Leonen said in Bar Bulletin 33, series of 2022 issued on Friday, January 14, 2022.

He said these examinees were at risk of not being able to take the Bar exams if the exams were to push through on January 23 and 25.

Leonen also cited Bar personnel understaffing due to their infection rate and quarantine situation.

All examinees were advised to strictly undergo quarantine by January 20, 2022.

Last Jan. 4, the Supreme Court issued an order shortening the duration of the 2020-2021 Bar examinations from its traditional four consecutive Sundays to only two days this January.

SC’s Bar Bulletin No. 31, series of 2022 set the schedule of the exam on Sunday, January 23, 2022 and Tuesday, January 25, instead of the four Sundays of January 16, 23, 30 and February 6.

It reduced the coverage of the exams from the usual eight subjects to four sets of examinations due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the effects of Typhoon Odette (Rai) in some areas of the country.

Typhoon Odette hit the country on Dec. 16, 2021.

The Bar exams had already first been postponed from November 2020 to November 2021 due to the pandemic.

Three schools in Cebu are set to host the first-ever regional Bar Examinations: the University of San Jose-Recoletos, University of Cebu and the University of San Carlos.

Since the start of the year, the National Capital Region and neighboring provinces have been battling a fourth wave of Covid-19 cases believed to be fueled by the Omicron variant. But other parts of the country are also at risk.

More than 55 areas in the country, including Cebu, have been placed under the more restrictive Alert Level 3 status until January 31, 2022 in an effort to contain the spread of the disease. (CTL, PR)

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting