MARILYN Aballe of Sitio San Roquehanon, Brgy. Mambaling, Cebu City couldn’t sleep a wink on Monday night, Nov. 23, 2020, after she discovered inside her home that her pet cat was slowly being swallowed whole by a three-meter python.
Fearing that her pet might lose its life, Marilyn Aballe immediately called the personnel from Cebu City’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO) for help.
Ramil Ayuman, CDRRMO head, said he immediately sent personnel from their Quick Response Team to help.
Ayuman said his personnel found the python coiling around the barely alive cat on Aballe’s ceiling.
He said it took two hours for the CDRRMO personnel to remove the python from Aballe’s house.
Aballe’s pet cat was dead when CDRRMO personnel finally removed it from the snake’s jaws.
Ayman said they turned over the snake to the Department of Environment and Natural Resources for proper care. / BBT / JKV