30 families living along Butuanon River evacuated in Mandaue

THE Mandaue City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO) conducted forced evacuation in at least three barangays in the city due to heavy rains brought about by Tropical Storm Paeng Friday, October 28, 2022.

CDRMMO head Buddy Alain Ybañez told SunStar Cebu that forced evacuation was ordered for some families in Barangays Casuntingan, Maguikay and Tingub whose houses are located within the three-meter easement zone along the Butuanon River.

Ybañez said at least 30 families in those barangays have so far been evacuated.

He said the forced evacuation was conducted as a preemptive measure, as the water in Butuanon River may rise and overflow due to heavy rains.

The move was also to protect individuals from possible landslides, he added. (MKG)