Independence Day parties aren't typically thrown in our country, with people preferring to use the holiday off as an excuse to get some R&R at home or go out of town. It kinda makes you wonder how we can be so obsessed with throwing parties and yet miss out on the perfect holiday to throw a party for, because if you can't throw a party to celebrate liberation from 300 years of colonial rule, then what can you?
Well, June 12 is just around the corner, and we've got 7 tips for throwing a kickass, proudly Pinoy Independence Day party. Get crazy.
What you'll need:
1 shot of gin
1 shot of vodka
1 shot of light rum
1 shot of tequila
1 dash of brandy
1 dash of scotch
1 dash of grenadine
2 shots of orange juice
2 shots of pineapple juice
1. Fill a shaker half-way with ice.
2. Shake until cold and ingredients are fully combined, then pour drink into a Collins glass.
3. Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry. Drink, enjoy, get sloshed, repeat.
2. Got some leftover adobo and rice in the fridge? Fry it up to make adobo flakes then stuff it inside some rice balls for some Onigiri with a Filipino flair. You can also substitute it with Pinoy breakfast staples like corned beef, spam or, if you're feeling crazy, sisig.
(Join EYP's Search Olympics for a chance to win exciting prizes.)
7. Pinoy Henyo: Iconic Filipinos - This is pretty self-explanatory. Pick your own Philippine icon, write his/her name down on a piece of paper, throw the piece of paper into a hat, decide who goes first, pick a name from the hat, stick it on your forehead (without looking of course) and proceed to ask the ones who can see it yes/no questions until you get it right, within the allotted time. Enjoy!
So, how are you going to celebrate Philippine Independence Day on June 12?