Before the Jan. 6 hearing on Thursday night, committee member Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., tweeted a video with clips of interviews with Trump administration officials about what the president was doing during the Jan. 6, 2021, assault on the Capitol.
- Was the president in that private dining room the whole time that the attack on the Capitol was going on? Or did he ever go to-- again, only to your knowledge-- to the Oval Office, to the White House situation room, anywhere else?
KAYLEIGH MCENANY To the best of my recollection, he was always in the dining room
- What did they say, Mr. Meadows or the president at all during that brief encounter that you were at the dining room? What do you recall?
- I think they were-- everybody was watching the TV.
- Do you know whether he was watching TV in the dining room when you talked to him on January 6?
MOLLY MICHAEL: It's my understanding that he was watching television.
- When you were in the dining room in these discussions, was the violence at the Capitol visible on the screen on television?