The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has provided alternative routes once Marcos Bridge-Eastbound closes on Saturday (May 25) at 11:00 p.m.
Light vehicles going to Antipolo may take the westbound direction while light vehicles going Cubao may use the service road in front of SM Marikina mall.
Cubao to Antipolo Route:
1. From Cubao, take Aurora Blvd. then right turn to Katipunan Ave. Take the service road of Libis underpass, left turn to Boni Serrano and take FVR Road straight to Macapagal Bridge, then Marcos Highway to Antipolo
2. From Cubao, right turn to 15th Avenue, then left turn to Boni Serrano, take FVR Road, straight to Macapagal Bridge then Marcos Highway to Antipolo
Trucks from Cubao to Antipolo Route:
1. From Cubao, take Aurora Blvd, then right turn to Katipunan Avenue, take service road of Libis underpass, left turn to Boni Serrano, straight to FVR Road, take Macapagal Bridge then Sumulong Highway to Antipolo
Antipolo to Cubao Routes:
1. From Antipolo, take Sumulong Highway then A. Bonifacio Avenue, straight ahead Aurora Blvd., to Cubao.
2. From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway and right turn to Fernando Ave, then take A. Bonifacio Ave. straight ahead Aurora Blvd. to Cubao.
3. From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway, take down tamp to Marcos Bridge service road then FVR road, straight ahead right turn to Katipunan Avenue, left turn to Aurora Boulevard, straight ahead to Cubao
4. From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway then FVR Road straight ahead take Boni Serrano Ave., then right turn to 20th Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd., to Cubao
Trucks from Antipolo to Cubao Route:
From Antipolo, take Marcos Highway then FVR Road straight ahead, right turn to Katipunan Ave., left turn to Aurora Blvd. straight ahead to Cubao
According to MMDA General Manager Jojo Garcia, the said closure will finally push through after several postponements.
The supposed schedule of the Marcos Bridge closure was set on May 4. However, it was postponed because the contractor was not fully prepared to proceed with the project based on the several ocular inspections.
“After two weeks of preparations, it is definite now. Marcos Bridge will be closed for the next four months to give way to its long-overdue rehabilitation,” said Garcia, in a news briefing on Thursday (May 24).
The post LIST: Alternative routes for Marcos Bridge closure appeared first on UNTV News.