Forget Love Island (no offence), forget Shipwrecked (no offence) and forget The Bachelor US (no offence – but also, you make it almost impossible to watch over here, so that’s your fault…), because The Bachelor UK is coming back!
Remember a few years ago when rugby star and former-boyfriend of Charlotte Church, Gavin Henson, was looking for love on the Channel 5 show in 2011? Then Spencer Matthews had a turn in 2012? Well, it’s coming back, and we could not be more excited if we tried.
Oh wait... we could, because The Bachelor's, erm, bachelor has just been revealed. Meet Alex Marks!
A little about Alex:
- Alex is 31, and is from London.
- Raised in Kent, Alex is the youngest of three brothers. Even though he was sports captain and deputy head boy, school life wasn’t always easy for him.
- Alex owns a personal training studio in South London which also specialises in fitness for pregnant and post-natal mothers.
- Close with his family and idolises his parent’s relationship.
- He admits that he has poured all of his time and money into setting up his business and now that it’s a success, he is now looking for the love of his life with the hope of starting his own family.
- At 6ft 6’ Alex admits he often attracts female attention, especially when out with his group of close male friends. With an intelligent streak and adventurous passions, he’s looking for his perfect match.
So instead of a celebrity, like they had for the previous two series, Channel 5 has decided to give a civilian the chance to find love on The Bachelor UK. Interesting...
Mark Wright is the presenter of the 10-part series, which started filming in autumn in South Africa, Antigua and the UK.
A while back, a source told The Sun: “Mark has already had an incredibly busy year presenting on [US TV show] Extra. Now he’s getting ready to jet off again to front another show which is an amazing opportunity – but it means more time out of the country and being apart from Michelle [his wife].
“He’s really excited to get stuck in with the show though and looking forward to lending his professional dating expertise.”
In case you’re not totally sure what The Bachelor is actually about, allow me to enlighten you…
The dating show follows one single fella as he dates a number of women; desperately vying for his affection.
Each week, he hands out roses to the ladies he wants to stay another week. But if you don’t get a rose, it’s a one-way ticket back to Singlesville. Soz, love.
Last woman standing wins the bachelor’s heart. But what if she doesn’t want it? Hmmmm, not actually sure what happens then, tbh…
('You Might Also Like',)