Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
You and your kids will love this easy (and healthy!) banana and almond butter ice cream recipe. It's perfect for an after school treat.
Prep time: 10 min
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons natural almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt to taste
- sliced, toasted almonds (for topping)
- honey (for topping)
- Cut the bananas into small chunks and freeze until solid, at least 1-2 hours.
- Once frozen solid, transfer bananas to a strong blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the almond butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon and sea salt. Pulse the blender quickly mix.
- Once combined, serve immediately with drizzled honey and sliced toasted almonds on top. Should you not want to eat it right away, you can also keep it in an airtight container in the freezer.
- This article was initially published on AOL.com: This banana and almond butter ice cream is a healthy take on the sweet treat