Bangsamoro women’s group lauds FAB

General Santos City - Moro women leaders lauded the Government of the Philippines (GPH) and Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) for forging a wealth-sharing agreement during the recently concluded peace talks in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Baibon D. Sangid, chairperson of Young Moro Professionals Network (YMPN), said the wealth-sharing scheme will definitely spur economic development in Mindanao, where the Bangsamoro government will likely get a 75 percent share from the collected taxes, while the remaining 25 percent will be remitted to the national government.

"We are pleased that the government panel agreed to the wealth-sharing agreement at 75 percent in favor of the Bangsamoro, and 25 percent to the national government," Sangid said.

Under the Framework Agreement on the Bangsamoro (FAB), the Bangsamoro is the new political entity that will replace the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) by 2016.

The new political entity will also get 100 percent revenue share for exploration, development, and utilization of non-metallic minerals, while it will get 75 percent share for metallic resources.

However, for fossil fuel, there will be an equal sharing.

Sangid said the agreed ratio is the government's modest and sincere effort to propel development in the Moro communities.

She also lauded the MILF panel for its unwavering efforts to negotiate and demand economic justice for the Bangsamoro people.

"To correct historical injustice, and build confidence for the leadership in the Bangsamoro, the provisions in the wealth-sharing annex are truly a welcome development," said Zuraida Anayatin, convener of Mothers for Peace in General Santos City.

She commended both panels, which had gone through a tedious process before arriving at a consensus on the wealth-sharing agreement.

Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.

  • Lenten procession more than just a spectacle VERA Files - The Inbox

    Text and photos by Kiersnerr Gerwin Tacadena, VERA Files Baliuag, Bulacan--This town is hosting what could be the country’s biggest Lenten procession consisting of more than 100 religious statues riding on carriages or carrozas. But concerns are being raised that … Continue reading → …

  • Holy Week in Mt Banahaw: Mysticism meets Catholicism VERA Files - The Inbox

    Text and photos by Patricia Isabel Gloria, VERA Files Dolores, Quezon—Around this time each year, hundreds of devotees flock to Barangay Sta. Lucia in Dolores, Quezon on the slopes of Mount Banahaw to celebrate Holy Week. Here, mysticism meets Catholicism, … Continue reading → …

  • Simbang lakad for Lolo Uweng VERA Files - The Inbox
    Simbang lakad for Lolo Uweng

    By April Anne Benjamin, VERA Files San Pedro, Laguna--For 14 Maundy Thursdays now, Inding Amoranto has prayed the rosary while walking the eight-kilometer distance from her house to the Shrine of Jesus in the Holy Sepulcher in the village of … Continue reading → …

POLL
Loading...
Poll Choice Options