The Philippine men's football national team, young actress Andi Eigenmann, and Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte top last week's trending searches on Yahoo! Philippines.
1. Philippine Azkals. The country's World Cup Dream remains alive. On July 3, 2011, the Philippine men's football national team, popularly known as the Azkals, defeated the visiting Sri Lanka Brave Reds, 4-0, in their second game for round one of the 2014 World Cup Asia playoffs. Their first match, held in Sri Lanka, ended in a draw. With an aggregate score of 5-1, the Azkals advance to the second round of the qualifiers. They will face the Kuwait national football team later this month.
2. Andi Eigenmann. Jacklyn Jose, mother of young actress Andi Eigenmann, last week appeared on television to confirm that her daughter is four months pregnant. She said the child's father is Andi's first boyfriend who left her when he found out about her situation. On Twitter, Andi said she had only one boyfriend before Jake Ejercito, son of ousted President Joseph Ejercito Estrada and Laarni Enriquez. Earlier this year, Andi was involved in a cyber word war with teen actor Albie Casiño, who had been her boyfriend for two years.
3. Sara Duterte. The mayor of Davao City made headlines both here and abroad after she mauled a trial court sheriff who went ahead in implementing a demolition order despite her request for a two-hour reprieve. The mayor refused to apologize for what she did, but took a leave of absence while the Department of Interior and Local Government investigates the incident.
4. Happy Feet. Tap dance duo Happy Feet, composed of brothers Ramonito and Lourdito Mata, placed second to singer Marcelito Pomoy in the grand finals of ABS-CBN's "Pilipinas Got Talent." Comedian Ai-Ai delas Alas, of the show's judges, described the story of Happy Feet as like that of a soap opera. The dancing duo comes from a poor family in Bukidnon with nine siblings.
5. Rachel Weisz. The 41-year-old English film and theater actress married "James Bond" star Daniel Craig in a low-key ceremony in New York last week. The wedding followed a whirlwind six-month romance. Weisz has also recently been named as the new face of Bulgari and will be featured in its new Jasmin Noir fragrance campaign.
6. Kylie Padilla. One of the daughters of Robin Padilla — the "Bad Boy of the Philippine Cinema" — the young GMA-7 actress is now making a name for herself as the lead actress of the fantasy series "Blusang Itim,"a remake of a movie based on a komiks story. She is also the latest to be romantically linked to fellow Kapuso actor Aljur Abrenica, who admitted to exclusively dating her.
7. Maricel Soriano. Barangay officials in Makati summoned the Diamond Star after her former household helpers accused her of verbal and physical abuse. She allegedly hit, kicked and threatened to shoot May Cachuela and Camille Acojedo, after they failed to find the things she was looking for.
8. Andrei Felix. Yahoo! OMG! Awards' Favorite Male TV Host Luis Manzano said he was touched by the kind words about him given by Andrei Felix, a former boyfriend of his girlfriend Jennylyn Mercado. Felix recently said he's happy for Luis and Jennylyn, and that Luis is one of those who helped him when they were both MYX VJs. Felix will be hosting a new dating game show, "Dream Date," on Studio 23.
9. PBA Results. Despite football's rising popularity in the Philippines, basketball remains the country's favorite sport. Last week, the Philippine Basketball Association held two games of the PBA Governor's Cup in Dubai, UAE so the overseas Filipino workers there could watch live. However, members of the Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters were stranded at the Dubai International Airport on Sunday night after the local organizers reportedly failed to pay for their return tickets and hotel bills. The PBA is considering filing charges against the organizers.
10. Floyd Mayweather Jr.The American boxer is accused of directing his bodyguards to attack a young man after the latter asked about a most-anticipated bout with Manny Pacquiao. In a lawsuit filed in a Las Vegas court, Anthony Cliff claimed the boxer's bodyguards attacked him near a valet parking stand at the Palms Casino Resort on March 27, 2010. Mayweather's camp refused to comment on the issue. Meanwhile, while in New York promoting his September 17 fight versus Victor Ortiz, Mayweather claimed he never accused Pacquiao of taking steroids and that he's still open to fighting the Philippines' Pambansang Kamao.
These trending searches are for June 27 to July 3, 2011. Check out the previous Yahoo! Search Trends article, "Piolo and KC top Trending Searches on Yahoo! Philippines."