Boy electrocuted while cleaning roof

·1 min read

A 21-YEAR-OLD man landed in a hospital after he was electrocuted around 11 a.m. Monday, August 15, 2022, in Barangay Poblacion Ward 4, Minglanilla town, Cebu.

Ruben Bacheller Calibugar, single, of Sitio Camarin, Barangay Vito, Minglanilla, sustained first degree burns in the different parts of the body.

Calibugar was brought to the Minglanilla District Hospital and was put under observation.

Police Senior Master Sergeant Junel Ater of Minglanilla Police Station told SunStar Cebu that the victim was cleaning the roof of the building owned by his employer when he accidentally touched the primary hot wire as he was about to move toward the upper layer of the roof.

Police believed that the secondary hot wires or red wires that touched the edge of the roof caused the electrocution.

Red wires are also hot and should be clearly marked to avoid the dangers of electrocution. They are commonly used when installing ceiling fans, according to Google website mistersparsky.com. (GPL, TPT)