Carillo: All Cebu City main roads cleared of debris, garbage

·1 min read

ALL main thoroughfares in Cebu City have now been cleared of debris and garbage caused by the onslaught of Typhoon Odette (Rai).

This was what Gerardo Carillo, head of the Cebu City Risk Reduction and Management Council, told SunStar Cebu that they have collected around 1,400 tons of garbage during the citywide cleanup from Jan. 8 to 9, 2022, and this was dumped to the landfill in Barangay Binaliw.

The lawyer also mentioned that all the piles of garbage in the South Road Properties were already transferred to the Binaliw landfill.

Carillo said the City had deployed five teams for the city’s clearing operations since last week before the citywide cleanup.

He said what remains were the debris in the interior portions of the city, and barangays were tasked by the city to clear these debris.

Carillo said they want the entire city to be cleared of debris and garbage before the Fiesta Señor on Jan. 16.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting