The Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI) bagged the Covid-19 Hero Chamber of the Year Award during the 4th annual APAC Chamber of Commerce Awards announced by Glue Up on Feb. 3, 2021.
The APAC Chamber Awards 2020 celebrate individuals and chambers from around the Asia Pacific that made significant contributions to the improvement of their communities.
Organizer Glue Up said that “the awards recognize and honor individuals and chambers that have shown remarkable leadership and have built a strong culture of innovation in their organizations in the face of adversity during an extremely challenging year for the whole humankind.”
The CCCI was recognized for its joint efforts with the government, non-government organizations, and the society in the fight against the coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19).
Glue Up said that the COVID-19 Solidarity Fund & Initiatives and the Project Balik Buhay spearheaded by CCCI were highlighted as the best projects of the Chamber.
“Impressive leadership and proactivity were shown during the pandemic by implementing relevant and practical solutions, positioning the Chamber as a valuable force for effective management,” Sid Peimer, executive director of the Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said.
Through the COVID-19 Solidarity Fund & Initiatives, CCCI donated P5 million worth of personal protective equipment gowns, face shields, and medical supplies to frontliners and distributed relief goods for affected families.
Under Project Balik Buhay, CCCI provided a multi-sectoral plan that calibrated the opening of work based on risk and impact guidelines under General Community Quarantine while taking measures to help the health system cope as cases continued to rise.
“We want to highlight the winners’ immense impact on chamber success as they continuously contribute to the growth of communities across the Asia Pacific despite the regional and local impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. I am pleased to extend my congratulations for their positive contributions that are truly deserving to be held in high regard,” Eric Schmidt, chief executive officer and co-founder of Glue Up, said.
All nominations for the award were evaluated by a judging committee that consisted of worldwide senior-level chamber experts.
LIST OF WINNERS
• Large Chamber of the Year Award - The American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore
• Small Chamber of the Year Award - Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Singapore
• International Chamber of the Year Award - Finnish Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
• Local Chamber of the Year Award - Ayr Chamber of Commerce
• COVID-19 Hero Chamber of the Year Award - Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• Executive of the Year Award - Tatum Albertine, Executive Director, Myanmar American Chamber of Commerce
• Executive of the Year Award - Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lei, CEO, The American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore
• Rising Star of the Year Award - Adam Castillo, Governor, Myanmar American Chamber of Commerce
• Excellence in Technology & Innovation of the Year Award - The American Chamber of Commerce in Singapore
• Best Virtual Event of the Year Award - The World’s First Ever Virtual Catered Crayfish Party, Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
• Best Community Engagement Program of the Year Award - SESG Sweden Singapore, Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Singapore (SunStar Cebu/With PR)