CCPO’s detention cell placed on lockdown

·1 min read

OFFICIALS of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) have locked down their temporary detention cell starting Friday, August 20, 2021, after 22 of their detainees were found positive for Sars-Cov-2, the virus that causes the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).

The temporary detention cell, located inside the CCPO headquarters in Camp Sotero Cabahug, will be restricted for use by police personnel, except for police jailers who are now being placed under isolation as well.

Lt. Col. Wilbert Parilla, CCPO’s deputy director for operations, told reporters that they have also prevented visitations for the meantime.

Those visiting detainees to bring food will be required to leave what they brought at the CCPO headquarters’ gates to prevent further infections, Parilla said.

Parilla said they have around 30 detainees temporarily detained at their CCPO headquarters, but they have considered them all to be Covid-19 positive as most of them were placed in one building.

The CCPO currently has three active Covid-19 cases left after one recently recovered.

Meanwhile, the jail warden of the Cebu City Jail (CCJ) in Barangay Kalunasan said some of their persons deprived of liberty (PDLs) had been placed on isolation after experiencing cough and colds.

Medical personnel from the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology are monitoring the condition of these inmates, Jail Supt. Jose Abueva said Friday, August 20.

The inmates have already been given medicines, but the CCJ could not yet determine whether the affected inmates had Covid-19.

The Cebu City Government has asked jail personnel to closely monitor the inmates to avoid possible transmission of the disease. (AYB/JKV)

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting