Cebeco 3 restores power to 56% of homes in midwest, Cebu City

·2 min read

SOME 26 days after Typhoon Odette (Rai) hit Cebu, the Cebu 3 Electric Cooperative Inc. (Cebeco 3) has restored power to 64 percent of the barangays and 56 percent of the households it serves, it announced Tuesday, January 11, 2022.

As of 3 p.m. Monday, January 10, Cebeco 3 had restored power to 90 of the 134 barangays it serves in the midwest.

It restored power to 85.19 percent of Asturias barangays, 75 percent of Balamban barangays, 65.79 percent of Toledo City barangays, 60 percent of Aloguinsan barangays and 46.15 percent of Pinamungajan barangays.

It had also restored power to three of the 11 barangays in Cebu City that are part of the Visayan Electric franchise mountain barangays which Cebeco 3 serves.

As for households, it had restored power to 59,053 of the 105,452 households it serves, of which 58,905 were in the midwest and 148 in Cebu City.

Asturias and Balamban residents were luckiest with power restored to 87.57 percent and 77.54 percent of their households, respectively; followed by Aloguinsan, 59.24 percent of households; Toledo City, 47.42 percent; Pinamungajan, 34.23 percent; and Cebu City, 3.95 percent.

Earlier, Cebeco 3 had said it targeted 100 percent power restoration by January 31, 2022.

Northern Cebu

As for Cebeco 2, which serves northern Cebu, it had restored power to all barangays in its franchise area as of Monday, January 10, 2022.

Cebeco 2, which serves 13 local government units, said Tuesday that it was now working to reach 100 percent consumer restoration.

As of 12 noon Monday, Cebeco 2 had restored power to 99 percent of its 168,974 customers, leaving just 1,690 customers without power.

Danao City had the most customers without power at 286, followed by Bogo City, 211; San Remigio, 149; Tuburan, 144; Compostela, 124; Medellin, 122; Daanbantayan, 168; and Carmen, 110.

Having fewer than 100 unenergized customers were Tabogon, 87; Catmon, 83; Borbon, 74; Sogod, 69; and Tabuelan, 63.

Northern Cebu was not as badly hit by Typhoon Odette as the central and southern parts of Cebu.

Odette brought maximum sustained winds of 175 kilometers per hour and gusts of up to 240 kilometers per hour when it slammed into Carcar City in the south last Dec. 16, toppling power poles and lines.

During a meeting with Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia last week, Cebeco 2 general manager Lowell Belciña said Cebeco 2 targeted 100 percent power restoration by January 12, 2022.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting