Cebu City may forfeit cash aid if unclaimed on or before May 23

·1 min read

THE Cebu City Treasurer’s Office warned that the financial assistance from the City may be forfeited if it will remain unclaimed by beneficiaries on Monday, May 23, 2022.

City Treasurer Mare Vae Reyes told SunStar Cebu Wednesday, May 18, that only 80 percent of the targeted 49,000 beneficiaries have so far claimed their cash assistance.

The City Government began the distribution of the P277 million worth of financial assistance last May 13.

The cash aid is intended for victims of Typhoon Odette (Rai) and recent fire incidents, beneficiaries of Tabang Alang sa Panginabuhian sa atong Trabahante (Tapat) program, economic stimulus recipients, and octogenarian beneficiaries.

Reyes said that if the financial assistance will not be claimed after 10 days since the start of the disbursement, it will be returned to the City’s coffers and might be forfeited.

Though there is still a chance that the aid would be entered into a new payroll, it would take some time for its processing before the beneficiaries can claim it, she added.

According to Reyes, City Hall officials have visited different barangays for the beneficiaries to receive their cash aid with ease.

Reyes said the recipients will have to proceed to the Cebu City Finance Center located at City Hall to claim their cash aid if they fail to claim it on May 23.

The disbursement of the financial assistance was once halted because of the election ban on the spending of public funds from March 25 to May 8.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting