Cebu City to turn over housing project to beneficiaries

·1 min read

THE Cebu City Government is set to turn over the two medium-rise buildings (MRBs) to around 200 families who were displaced due to the government's flood control programs and recent fire incidents.

Dante Arcilla Jr., of the city’s Division for the Welfare of the Urban Poor, said on Wednesday, June 8, 2022, that their office has already identified 100 families as candidates to be beneficiaries of the city's socialized housing program.

According to Arcilla, the two MRBs in Barangay Lorega-San Miguel will be turned over on July 29.

The MRBs were built by Cebu Landmasters Incorporated as part of the company's compliance with the required Balanced Housing Development Program under the Urban Development and Housing Act of 1992.

Arcilla said that the beneficiaries will only have to pay P1,500 monthly which already includes the utilities and security of the establishment but their office is still working on lowering the amount.

The design of the program will allow the beneficiaries to live in the tenement-style housing for up to five years to allow the families to look for more suitable residences.

Arcilla previously mentioned that the city government will be constructing additional MRBs on different sites.

Among the identified sites for the MRBs are Barangays Mambaling, Calamba, and Quiot. (IRT)

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting