THE Provincial Government reopened to the public the Cebu South Bus Terminal (CSBT) on Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020, four months after it was closed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
But Carmen Quijano, CSBT manager, said strict health protocol will be observed, stressing that those who have no mask and face shield cannot enter the facility.
The “No Ticket, No Entry” policy will also be implemented, she added.
Likewise, Eduardo Montealto Jr., Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board Central Visayas (LTFRB 7) director, in an order he issued on Sept. 8, mandated all Cebu Interim Bus Service (CIBus) units whose current route is Il Corso, Cebu to I.T. Park to resume their operations to their original route in South Road Properties to I.T. Park effective immediately.
Montealto’s order is still in relation to the letter from the Office of the Governor, dated Sept. 8, on the reopening of the CSBT.
Montealto also reminded CIBus drivers and operators to comply with the minimum health protocol set by the LTFRB.
The CBST will also allow the entry of only 500 passengers to make sure that physical distancing is observed.
The management said the terminal had been preparing since last week for the reopening.
The CSBT was used by the Province as a bagsakan center after it was closed in April.
The Province had transferred the terminal to Lantaw, which is located beside the Talisay City Fish Port along the Cebu South Coastal Road, after it allowed the resumption of countryside travels for authorized buses and mini buses on May 20. (WBS, ANV)