China said on Tuesday (June 30) it is "concerned" about India's decision to ban Chinese mobile apps like TikTok.
It comes after India's strongest move yet to target China in the online space since a border crisis erupted between the two countries earlier in June.
India banned 59 mostly Chinese mobile apps on Monday (June 29), removing the likes of TikTok and WeChat from Google and Apple stores.
The government order said the apps posed a "threat to sovereignty", but didn't name China or mention the border clashes.
Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian.
"China is strongly concerned about the relevant notice issued by the Indian side. We are checking on and verifying the situation."
The ban may have derailed a $1 billion Indian investment plan for China's ByteDance, which owns TikTok.
India is TikTok's top growth market and makes up 30% of its 2 billion downloads worldwide.
Many Indian TikTok users posted videos expressing their unhappiness after the ban was announced.
Sweety Singh is a TikTok user in India.
"The decision has been taken due to the tension between India and China and it is correct but I would like to say this to the government that some Indian applications should be launched through which people like us, who used to make a living out of TikTok, do not face problems."
TikTok said in a statement the Indian government had invited the company to respond to the ban.
App analytics firm Sensor Tower said the 59 banned apps were all of Chinese origin.
They also said these apps had recorded around 4.9 billion downloads in India since January 2014.