Cimatu set to receive award from Cebu City Government

·1 min read

ENVIRONMENT Secretary Roy Cimatu, Visayas overseer of the government’s coronavirus response, is set to receive the Rajah Humabon Award from the Cebu City Government on Independence Day, Saturday, June 12, 2021.

The retired military general is recognized for his contributions in controlling the surge of cases in the city at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Cimatu said Cebu City has proven that cooperation between the public and private sectors would bear positive results as the city, despite its population, continues to observe low double-digit cases.

“I wish Cebu the best of everything, especially now that our Covid (cases) are in a downtime. I’m very happy about that. I’ve been monitoring Cebu City because it has already become a model against the pandemic. I am very happy the people in Cebu City responded very accurately and very clearly on the protocols,” he said in his speech in Cebu City on Friday, June 11.

In June last year, Cimatu said he came to Cebu by the direction of President Rodrigo Duterte to lead the fight against Covid-19 in Cebu City, which at that time had the highest number of cases in the whole country, even surpassing Metro Manila.

Cimatu said he was glad to hear that many city residents were already inoculated with the Covid-19 vaccine.

Cimatu on Friday graced the signing of the memorandum of agreement between the Minglanilla Municipal Government and the

Philippine Reclamation Authority for the P20-billion project—the 100-hectare reclamation for the Minglanilla Techno-Business Park by Ming-Mori Development Corp. Inc, an affiliate of Cebu Landmasters Inc. (JOB)