City gives Pasil residents 1 week to demolish homes

·1 min read

THE Cebu City Government has given 22 property owners a week to voluntarily demolish their structures that are within the three-meter easement zone in Brgy. Pasil, starting Jan. 25, 2021.

This was announced by Councilor Jerry Guardo, chairman of the committee on infrastructure, after the City allowed the owners more than a week ago to celebrate the Fiesta Señor, which was canceled.

The clearing of the three-meter easement zone in Brgy. Pasil will help the Department of Public Works and Highways Central Visayas (DPWH) 7 proceed with its planned implementation of a flood control project at the Guadalupe River.

Guardo said the clearing operation in Brgy. Mambaling is complete, while that in Brgy. Tinago-Tejero is 80 percent done.

“So far, Tejero has 22 houses, 48 in Brgy. Tinago and 18 in Mambaling wherein a part of their structures is right next to the river,” said Guardo.

The councilor said the City Hall has given financial aid to affected families who own the properties as they have refused to vacate the area without any assistance from the government.

Guardo said the DPWH’s flood control project in partnership with the City, will start from the seashore to the upper part of the river. (PAC / CCP)