Clearing operations in Cebu City continue

·1 min read

THE Cebu City Government’s clearing operations continue on Jan. 12, 2022, 27 days after Typhoon Odette (Rai) hit the city.

Councilor Jerry Guardo admitted that although they failed to meet their target date last week for the clearing of roads including secondary roads and other interior portions, the main roads are 100 percent cleared.

“Our focus since Jan. 8 until this week is to clear the interior parts of other urban barangays,” said Guardo.

The councilor said they will continue to clear roads of fallen trees and electric posts, as well as debris that residents have brought out from their compounds.

Guardo said they will head to the mountain barangays next week for road-clearing.

Some of the barangays with cleared interior roads are Mabolo, Lahug, Capitol, Mambaling, Sambag I and Sambag II.

They have also cleared the roads in Guadalupe leading to the Cebu City Jail and Barangay Kalunasan, and they can now deploy heavy equipment to haul the debris from the area.

After the urban areas, the City will focus on the mountains where there are still a lot of fallen trees and utility poles that are delaying the power restoration in those areas. (PAC / CCP)

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting