TO LESSEN the transmission of Delta variant in Samboan town, the local government unit assured that all health protocols are properly observed in town, which is under modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) with heightened restrictions.
Ryan Galano, secretary to the Office of the Mayor, told SunStar Cebu that they expected the three new confirmed Delta cases in the town after the first two cases logged in early August.
"Actually, expected naman siya nga naay Delta kay the previous result, kay naay two cases. So far, sa pag-manage namu sa Covid-19 cases sa among tagi-lungsod, so far manageable raman," Galano said.
Galano said that establishments that are not allowed to operate under MECQ guidelines are closed, such as personal care services and tourism, among others.
He said Covid-19 cases in the town are still manageable.
Samboan Mayor Emerito Calderon is yet to assess if they will add a temporary treatment and monitoring facility (TTMF).
Galano said the existing TTMF in the town can accommodate up to 24 individuals, wherein 12 Covid-19 patients are being isolated.
Galano said the TTMF is managed by one doctor and nurses from Rural Health Unit (RHU). Oxygen tanks are also available in case district hospitals nearby cannot accommodate Covid-19 patients.
The Department of Health (DOH)-Central Visayas reported 19 additional Delta cases in Cebu.
Six are from Cebu City, six from Lapu-Lapu City, three from Samboan, one from Boljoon, one in Talisay City, one in San Fernando, and one in Argao.
As of August 23, Samboan RHU logged a total of 68 Covid-19 active cases, 214 total recoveries, and 20 total deaths.
Galano assured that all affected families who were isolated in the TTMF and who are under home quarantine are given food assistance from the Municipal Government.
Meanwhile, Samboan has started its vaccination rollout for the A-4 category or essential and economic workers Tuesday, August 24, 2021. (MVE)