AGRICULTURE Secretary William Dar will turn over on Thursday, June 3, 2021, agri-fishery projects worth P43 million and project commitments worth P18.7 million from the Department of Agriculture’s (DA) banner programs to the local government units (LGUs) and farmer cooperatives and associations in Cebu.
These projects include:
• Monolithic dome for Dalaguete, Cebu worth P20 million
• Establishment of the Regional Food Terminal for Cebu City worth P14 million
• One unit of 4WD 90HP tractor for Cebu City worth P3 million
• A hauling truck and a 4WD 90HP tractor for the Lamac Multipurpose Cooperative (LMPC) in Pinamungajan, Cebu worth P4 million
• Two units of reefer van for the Cebu City Government and Cebu Market Vendors Multi-Purpose Cooperative worth P8.9 million
• Various interventions under DA’s rice and organic program amounting to P9.4 million
• Other projects for turnover are vegetable seeds, drip irrigation system, postharvest machinery equipment, packaging materials and agriculture supplies, cassava chipper, and mechanical corn sheller with dehusker with a total worth of P 2.5 million.
READ: Agriculture sector to grow 3% in 2021
Apart from the turnover, Dar will be in Cebu as the guest of honor in the awarding of winners of the Sugbuanong Busog, Luwas ug Himsog (Sugbusog), a vegetable gardening program of the Cebu Provincial Government that encourages households, communities, and LGUs to engage in home, community gardening, and nurseries establishment.
He will also visit Sugbusog’s urban garden winners in Mandaue City that has the most number of winning gardens in the program.
From Cebu, Dar will go to Bohol to turn over infrastructure projects and other agri-fishery interventions. (NRC, PR)