AROUND six stalls were destroyed when fire hit Carbon Public Market’s Unit 2 in Barangay Ermita, Cebu City on Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020.
Fire Officer 2 Fulbert Navarro of the Cebu City Fire Department said they received the fire alarm at 1:03 a.m.
Navarro said firefighters arrived at the fire scene at 1:11 a.m. and put out the fire 15 minutes later.
Navarro said that during their investigation, they learned that the fire reportedly started in the stall of Chona Migo but occupied by vendors Verbina Piro, Jack Quilantang and Judy Pila.
Navarro believes a substandard wire that short-circuited may have caused the fire, though they are still looking into what happened.
Around P144,000 worth of property was lost in the fire, Navarro added.
No one was hurt or killed. (BBT / JKV)