The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) is set to launch 20 free wifi sites in Isabela and Lamitan in Basilan on Tuesday (June 30).
DICT Secretary Gregorio B. Honasan II cited the importance of connectivity and access especially while the country copes with the effects of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
“It has become the lifeblood of our society, providing a sense of normalcy in our lives. And with that, it is your DICT’s duty to ensure the whole country are afforded this right, including the remotest part of the country. It is our duty to ensure the country safely transition to the new normal,” he said.
The following are the sites to be launched.
- DICT Basilan Provincial Office
- Basilan National High School
- Basilan Provincial Capitol
- Basilan Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office
- Basilan Provincial Library
- Infantry Brigade101 Headquarters, Isabela City
- Isabela City Hall
- Isabela City Maritime Police
- Isabela City Port
- Isabela City Post Office
- Malamawi National High School
- 18th Infantry Battalion, Armed Forces of the Philippines Camp, Lamitan City
- Business Center, Lamitan City
- Datu Kalun Plaza, Lamitan City
- Digital Hub, Lamitan City
- Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office, Lamitan City
- Lamitan City Hall
- Lamitan City Health Office
- Lamitan City Port
- Lamitan City Infirmary
The wifi sites will provide internet access at no charge to users in the selected public places. AAC