The Department of Health (DOH) has tracked down one of the 26 South Korean nationals who arrived in Cebu from Daegu on February 25.
Daegu is among the areas in South Korea that has a high number of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases. The DOH-7 said they found the South Korean national among with seven others in a hotel in Cebu.
DOH Public Health Services Team Asec. Maria Rosario Vergeire said the department has to ensure that the said foreign national undergoes the 14-day self quarantine.
“All of these 26 South Koreans when they came here did not have signs and symptoms but they have a history of travel coming from Daegu so we consider them persons under monitoring.”
Vergeire previously said the 26 Korean nationals did not have any symptoms but the DOH still needs to monitor them as a precaution to prevent the spread of the virus.
Based on the data of the Health Department as of 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday (March 3), 613 of the 639 patients under investigation in the country have been discharged and only 23 remain in health facilities.—AAC (with reports from Aiko Miguel)
The post DOH tracks South Korean from Daegu for COVID-19 monitoring appeared first on UNTV News.