DOT, CEB Seek More Korean Tourist Arrivals With Yeosu Expo

MANILA, Philippines --- The Philippines' largest national flag carrier, Cebu Pacific (CEB) has partnered with the Department of Tourism (DOT) in the ongoing Yeosu Expo 2012 in Yeosu, South Korea, which runs until August 12, 2012.

An airline partner of the Philippine Pavillion, CEB shows its full support to tourism efforts by providing tickets, tour package rates and exposure to expo organizers, talents and travel agents throughout the three-month expo duration. It operates thrice daily flights from the Philippines to Seoul (Incheon) and eight weekly flights to Busan.

"As our top source of visitor traffic, the Korean market is of utmost importance to the Philippines' hospitality industry. Koreans accounted for nearly a quarter of the archipelago's tourism arrivals last year and they have been our number one market since 2006," said Department of Tourism Secretary Mon Jimenez.

DOT reports indicate that 925,000 Koreans visited the Philippines in 2011, a 25% increase from the previous year. Meanwhile, CEB flew more than 380,000 passengers to and from South Korea, a 51% passenger increase compared to 2011.

"The Yeosu Expo has a marine sustainability theme, which is perfect for the Philippine islands' inherent wealth in coastal and marine treasures. We are investing in a principal site in the Pacific Ocean Zone to best capture over 80,000 average daily expo visitors," added Jimenez.

DOT's Yeosu Expo participation is just one initiative to reach 2 million Korean arrivals by 2016. CEB seat sales as low as 50% off, lowest year round air fares as low as KRW99,000 (P3,999), and creative tour packages, also play a part in stimulating travel to the country.

"Despite their relative affluence, Koreans appreciate value-for-money fares in their purchase of air tickets. Similarly, the proliferation of Korean operators and establishments is bringing down rates that appeal to even more travelers," Jimenez said.

CEB, for its part, highlights various Philippine destinations to Yeosu Expo visitors, such as Busuanga (Coron), Cebu, Boracay, Bohol, San Jose (Apo Reef), Dumaguete (Apo Island), and Puerto Princesa (Tubbataha Reef).

"The Cebu Pacific team is excited to work closely with DOT and other government agencies in promoting the Philippines' world-class dive sites and island destinations. It will also continue to offer the lowest fares from South Korea direct to Manila and Cebu so more Koreans can visit and explore the country," said CEB VP for Marketing and Distribution Candice Iyog.

CEB currently operates 10 Airbus A319, 20 Airbus A320 and 8 ATR-72 500 aircraft. Its fleet of 38 aircraft - with an average age of 3.6 years - is the largest aircraft fleet in the Philippines. Between 2012 and 2021, Cebu Pacific will take delivery of 22 more Airbus A320 and 30 Airbus A321neo aircraft orders. It is slated to begin long-haul services in the 3rd quarter of 2013.

---------------------------------

Loading...

Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.

  • Phl aviation has met int’l safety standards – CAAP
    Phl aviation has met int’l safety standards – CAAP

    The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) said that the country’s aviation has met international safety standards and is currently being reviewed by the European Union. Members of the EU delegation recently made a courtesy call on CAAP Director General William Hotchkiss III. Beda Badiola, CAAP’s Flight Standards and Inspectorate Service chief, said all air carriers in the country have followed regulations that the agency was able to oversee properly according to standards. “They …

  • Absence of full-time PNP chief affecting police services
    Absence of full-time PNP chief affecting police services

    Despite the pronouncement of the leadership of the Philippine National Police that it’s business as usual, some basic services are undeniably affected by the absence of a full-time PNP chief, particularly the issuance of gun permits. The PNP had deferred the issuance of permits to carry firearms outside residence (PTCFOR) since Dec. 3, a day before the Office of the Ombudsman slapped a six-month suspension on former PNP chief Director General Alan Purisima, who is facing plunder charges. …

  • Expanded Phl-US war games start today
    Expanded Phl-US war games start today

    The Philippines and the United States will kick off today this year’s Balikatan military exercises amid concerns over China’s reclamation activities in disputed areas in the West Philippine Sea. More than 11,000 Filipino and American troops will join the drills to be held simultaneously in different locations until April 30. …

  • Budol-budol, dugo-dugo scams now online
    Budol-budol, dugo-dugo scams now online

    Authorities warned the public yesterday to be more careful in dealing with people they meet online as the “budol-budol” and “dugo-dugo” gangs have expanded their deceptive operations on social media. Senior Inspector Robert Reyes, assistant chief of the Philippine National Police’s Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG) investigation section, said online financial fraud is one of the emerging forms of scams in the country. Reyes said scam operators are looking for prospective victims online through …

  • Noy wants next PNP chief to serve beyond his term
    Noy wants next PNP chief to serve beyond his term

    President Aquino is inclined to name a new Philippine National Police (PNP) chief who can serve beyond the 2016 elections. Speaking to reporters at the Tarlac National High School before the weekend, Aquino said he was bewildered by the amended PNP Act that requires all deputies of the PNP chief to serve or stay at least one year in his post. Among the contenders for PNP chief are Deputy Director General Marcelo Garbo Jr., suspended Chief Superintendent Raul Petrasanta and Director Juanito …

  • ‘Stronger global action sought on China moves’
    ‘Stronger global action sought on China moves’

    Stronger international action is needed to counter China’s rapid reclamation activities in the West Philippine Sea, Speaker Feliciano Belmonte Jr. said yesterday. Belmonte noted that statements of condemnation from global powers on the continued encroachment of China in the disputed waters have been ineffectual. He added that China’s blatant expansion activities are making the problem not just a regional security problem, but a global one. “China is obviously violating our territory in front …

  • MILF refusal to surrender fighters jeopardizing talks
    MILF refusal to surrender fighters jeopardizing talks

    Leaders of the House of Representatives renewed their call yesterday to the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) to surrender its fighters allegedly involved in the killing of 44 police commandos in Mamasapano, Maguindanao last Jan. 25. Leyte Rep. Ferdinand Martin Romualdez, leader of the House independent bloc, said the continued refusal of MILF leaders to turn over their men is causing the further erosion of support for the proposed Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) in Congress. “I hope the MILF …

  • China ignores global outcry vs reclamation
    China ignores global outcry vs reclamation

    On Wednesday, G-7 foreign ministers issued a Declaration on Maritime Security expressing alarm over “unilateral actions, such as large scale land reclamation, which change the status quo and increase tensions” in the region. In their communiqué, which did not specifically mention China, the ministers expressed belief that reclamation activities were meant to “change the status quo” in the West Philippine Sea and South China Sea, through which 40 percent of global trade passes. …

POLL

Should Aquino be held accountable over the Mamasapano operations?

Loading...
Poll Choice Options