MANILA, Philippines – Three additional city bus routes will be opened starting Friday, June 5 as part of the 31 rationalized bus routes in Metro Manila, transportation authorities said Thursday.
In an advisory, the Department of Transportation (DOTr) said the following routes will be opened on Friday:
- Route 1: Monumento – Balagtas, Bulacan
- Route 17: EDSA – Montalban, Rizal
- Route 18: NAIA Loop
Meanwhile, the following city bus routes will be launched on Monday, June 8:
- Route 3: Monumento – Valenzuela Gateway Complex
- Route 11: Gilmore – Taytay
- Route 21: Monumento – San Jose Del Monte
The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) said it will be meeting with bus operators to determine the number of units that will be deployed immediately.
“This is part of our gradual and calibrated approach in the resumption of public transport operations in Metro Manila,” the agency said.
Authorities noted that some routes have been opened earlier this week in time for the transition of Metro Manila and other areas to general community quarantine.
These routes include:
- Route 5: Angat – Quezon Avenue
- Route 28: Dasmarinas – Metro Manila
- Route 9: Cubao-Antipolo, to augment LRT-2
- Route 17: EDSA Taft-Monumento, to augment LRT-1
- Portion of Route E: EDSA Carousel, to augment MRT-3
The post DOTr, LTFRB to open more city bus routes in Metro Manila appeared first on UNTV News.