Have you installed an Easytrip RFID sticker on your vehicle? If not, you have to do it immediately.
To help reduce COVID-19 transmission, the Department of Transportation has ordered the full adoption of an RFID system in all tollways by November 2, 2020. This will lessen contact between motorists and toll booth operators, as well as eliminate the need for using cash for paying toll fees.
The conventional way to get an Easytrip RFID and top it up is to drive to the nearest RFID installation site. But it can be time-consuming and quite risky. The easier and safer alternative is to make your Easytrip transactions online.
Here’s a quick guide to ordering, installing, and reloading Easytrip RFID online.
What is Easytrip RFID?
The Easytrip RFID is a government-recommended radio frequency identification sticker attached to a vehicle’s windshield or headlight for use in contactless and cashless toll payments. It’s a more efficient and safer alternative to cash for paying toll fees.
Easytrip RFID Coverage
Two tollway operators operate the different expressways in Luzon: the Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation (MPTC) and San Miguel Corporation (SMC) Infrastructure. The MPTC manages NLEX, SCTEX, CAVITEX, C5-Link Flyover, and CALAX, while SMC Infrastructure is in charge of SLEX, Skyway, NAIAX, STAR Tollway, MCX, and TPLEX.
Each of these tollway corporations implements its own RFID system. MPTC uses Easytrip, while SMC uses Autosweep. This means Easytrip RFID can be used only on expressways managed by MPTC. Likewise, the Autosweep RFID works only at SMC Infrastructure-operated tollways.
For example, an Easytrip RFID cannot be accepted at SLEX since it requires an Autosweep RFID. The same goes for when you pass through NLEX and you have only an Autosweep RFID.
If you use the expressways both managed by MPTC and SMC, you have to install on your vehicle two RFID stickers: one from Easytrip and another from Autosweep.
DIY Easytrip RFID Installation Guide
Where Can I Buy an Easytrip Device?
The easiest way to get an Easytrip RFID sticker is to order the Stick-It-Yourself kit through Lazada or Shopee, register the RFID online, and perform a DIY installation. No need to drive to an RFID station because you can easily install the RFID right in your garage.
The Easytrip RFID box comes with a tag positioning guide, a user manual, and an Easytrip card for convenient reloading.
Only motorists using Class 1 vehicles (cars, motorcycles, vans, pick-ups, and jeepneys) can get an Easytrip Stick-It-Yourself RFID online. The product itself is free, but you’ll have to pay PHP 500 for the initial load plus the shipping fee when ordering online.
How to Order a Stick-It-Yourself Easytrip RFID Online
- Open the Lazada app or Shopee app.
- Search for “Easytrip” and click on the RFID product image in the results.
- Place your order as you would normally do when buying at Lazada or Shopee.
- Take note of the provided order number or checkout code upon checkout. You’ll use this number for your Easytrip RFID online registration.
- Fill out the online form at www.easytrip.ph/SIYRFIDForm.html to confirm your order. When you’re done, read and accept the terms and conditions. Then click the Submit button.
- Track your order online using your order number.
How to Install Your Easytrip RFID
- Using a dry cloth, wipe your windshield or headlight at the passenger side to clean it thoroughly.
- Detach the plastic liner from the Easytrip tag.
- Position the Tag Positioning Card (included in your Easytrip RFID box) on your headlight or windshield.
- If installing on the headlight: The positioning card should be parallel to the headlight baseline and on the lower right corner near the edge of the headlight. Keep a 2-inch distance between the top and bottom edges of the headlight assembly and the edge of the Easytrip tag.
- If installing on the windshield: Paste the positioning card on the lower right corner of the windshield.
- Hold the tag by its edges and attach it to the headlight or windshield. Remove the positioning card. While doing this step, be careful not to put excessive force on the black chip at the center of the tag.
- Smooth out the tag, making sure it sticks completely and has no air pockets.
- Leave the tag’s adhesion to cure for 24 hours. Don’t touch, remove, or get the tag wet. Once damaged, the one-year warranty on the RFID sticker will become void.
Easytrip Balance Inquiry Guide
There are two easy ways to check your Easytrip account balance: through the Easytrip website or the Easytrip Mobile App.
How to Check Easytrip Balance via Website
- Disable your pop-up blocker, if any, for the Easytrip website.
- Visit the Registration page for the Easytrip Customer Account Management System.
- Enter the required details on the online form (Refer to the Account Document included in your Easytrip tag).
- Click the Register button.
- Access the Easytrip website at www.easytrip.ph.
- Under “Check Your Balance,” enter your user ID and password to log in.
- Hover your mouse over “Customer Request” and click the Statement of Account button.
- Select the transaction period you wish to view.
- Click the Generate button.
How to Check Easytrip Balance via Mobile App
- Using your Android device, go to www.easytrip.ph.
- Log in to the Check Your Balance section.
- Click on “Download Balance Check App” in the upper right area.
- Go to Device Administration and click on “Unknown Services.”
- Open File Manager and then click on the EasytripBalanceInquiry.apk file.
- Click on “Next” > “Install.”
- Once the app has been installed, open it and enter your 12-digit Easytrip account number to check your balance.
Easytrip Online Reloading Guide
To avoid hassles when traveling through the expressway, make sure that you have sufficient balance in your Easytrip account. Good thing, Easytrip has payment partners such as banks and e-wallet providers that enable motorists to top up online even while on the road.
How to Load Easytrip via Online Banking or E-Wallet
Here are the steps to reload your Easytrip account through GCash, PayMaya, Bayad Center, BancNet, BDO Online, Metrobank Online, or UCPB Connect.
- Log in to your online banking or e-wallet account.
- Click on “Pay Bills” or “Bills Payment.”
- Choose Easytrip as your biller. If you’re using BDO Online, you have to enroll Easytrip Services Corporation as a biller first.
- For the Subscriber/Account Number, enter your 12 or 16-digit Easytrip account number.
- Enter the amount to load.
- Confirm your bills payment.
How to Load Easytrip via UnionBank EON App
- Log in to your EON account.
- Select Top-ups > Transportation > Easytrip.
- Select your load amount and tap Continue.
- Enter your Easytrip account number and your name.
- Select Check Out.
- Proceed to checkout and pay using your EON account or any Visa/Mastercard debit/prepaid card.
How to Load Easytrip via Coins.ph App
- Log in to your Coins.ph account.
- Select Cash Out > Tollway Credits.
- Enter your Easytrip account number and load amount.
- Slide to pay.
How to Load Easytrip via BPI
- Go to the Reload page on the Easytrip website (easytrip.reload.ninja).
- Enter your Easytrip account number.
- Select a load amount.
- Enter your email address.
- Select “BPI Online.”
- Enter the required billing information.
How to Load Easytrip via Easytrip Mobile App
- Log in to your Easytrip account.
- Tap the Reload button at the tab section.
- Enter your Easytrip account number and amount to load.
- Tap “Okay.”
Read more related articles:
- BLOWBAGETS: 10 Things to Check Before You Drive
- Best Stores in the Philippines to Get Car Accessories
Getting an Easytrip RFID may seem like a hassle, but it will help make your trips faster and safer. If you don’t want to get an RFID sticker personally at an Easytrip RFID installation station, you should order one online and install the RFID on your vehicle on your own.
-  DOTr requires toll road operators to go cashless on or before Nov. 2, 2020 (GMA News Online, August 27, 2020)
-  Easytrip Customer Account Management System Registration page
The post Easytrip Guide: Easy Ways to Get and Reload Easytrip RFID appeared first on Moneymax.