BFP: Short circuit caused Christmas tree fire

AN ELECTRICAL short circuit due to overloading caused the fire that destroyed a Christmas tree inside a mall in Cebu City Thursday afternoon, December 26, 2019, an officer of the Bureau of Fire Protection Central Visayas said.

According to Senior Fire Officer 1 Richard Sacedon of BFP Central Visayas, they received the fire alarm at 5:51 p.m.

When firefighters arrived in the area, mall security had already extingushed the fire.

Based on reports, security guards were quick to put out the fire with the use of fire extinguishers.

No one was reported hurt in the incident.

Damage to property was estimated at P5,000. (JCT)