EOC: 2 Covid deaths reported in Cebu City from May 1 to 29

·1 min read

TWO people from Cebu City have died due to coronavirus disease (Covid-19) infection from May 1 to 29, a local official said.

Cebu City Councilor Joel Garganera, who is also the deputy chief implementer of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC), said Monday, May 30, that one of those who died was a 57-year-old patient who had not gotten vaccinated against Covid-19.

The other individual who died was a 79-year-old senior citizen with comorbidities and considered vulnerable to the virus, Garganera added.

This now places the city’s Covid-19 fatality count at 1,704. The number of deaths was gathered since the beginning of the pandemic until the present.

The city’s current Covid-19 fatality rate is still at 3.10 percent of the 54,883 total cases recorded by the EOC.

With this, Garganera encouraged the city’s residents to get vaccinated, receive their booster shots, and still follow the minimum health protocols.

“Even if we are vaccinated, still we need to follow the minimum protocol, especially if we have vulnerable people in our homes,” Garganera added.

On May 29, the EOC recorded three fresh Covid-19 cases out of 435 individuals who got tested on that day, bringing the daily positivity rate to 0.69 percent.

The city now has 26 active cases distributed in 20 barangays that have recorded transmission of the virus.

Vaccination in Cebu City

Meanwhile, as of May 30, the Cebu City Health Department had already administered second booster shots to 2,113 individuals.

The health department also disclosed that 142,381 individuals had been inoculated with the first booster shot of the vaccine against the virus.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting