One snack food we can’t get enough of is Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. It’s like, regular cheetos were good and then they added that tiny bit of flamin’ kick to create the veritable holy grail of snacks. Yep, they’re just that good. So obviously it’s time to take other foods to the next flamin’ hot level and add Cheetos into our favorite recipes.
If mac & cheese was good before, wait until Flamin’ Hot Cheetos mac & cheese hits your lips. Your life will never be the same again. Watch the video below for the recipe, but be warned, one look and you’ll be running to the nearest grocery store to clear their Cheetos shelf. Trust in Flamin’ Hot Cheetos; they’re going to change your mac & cheese experience forever.
Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Mac & Cheese
Active 30 min. Total 1 hour, 20 min.
16 oz. uncooked large elbow macaroni
4 cups whole milk
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 3/4 cups Cheetos Crunchy Flamin’ Hot Cheese-Flavored Snacks, divided
1/2 cup (4 oz.) unsalted butter, divided
8 oz. pepper Jack cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
8 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside.
2. Bring milk to a simmer in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium. Remove from heat, and stir in salt, cayenne, black pepper, and 2 cups of the Cheetos. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
3. Transfer milk mixture to a blender and process on high speed until smooth.
4. Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high. Add milk mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, 5 to 6 minutes. Add cheeses, and cook, stirring constantly, until cheeses melt. Add cooked pasta, and stir to combine. Spread mixture in a greased 13- x 9-inch glass baking dish.
5. Place remaining 3/4 cup Cheetos in a ziplock plastic freezer bag. Seal bag, and beat with a rolling pin until roughly crushed.
6. Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in a skillet over medium-high. Add crushed Cheetos, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Spread evenly over macaroni mixture. Bake in preheated oven until bubbly and heated through, about 20 minutes.