Forfeiture of unclaimed Cebu City cash likely

·1 min read

THE Cebu City Treasurer's Office (CTO) warned that the financial assistance from the Cebu City Government may be forfeited if it will remain unclaimed by beneficiaries on or before Monday, May 23, 2022.

City Treasurer Mare Vae Reyes told SunStar Cebu Wednesday, May 18, 2022, that only 80 percent of the targetted 49,000 beneficiaries have so far claimed their cash assistance.

Reyes said that if the cash aid will not be claimed after 10 days since the start of the disbursement, it will be returned to the city's purse and might be forfeited.

But there is still a chance that the funds will be entered into a new payroll but it would take some time for its processing before the beneficiaries can claim it, she added.

"Nganong dili man nila ma claim, nga supposed to be naa man sila sa ilang barangay... gi-adto na sila for pila ka days," said Reyes. (IRT)

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting