GOVERNOR Gwendolyn Garcia said her political party One Cebu has not decided yet on who to support for president in 2022 elections despite Senator Panfilo Lacson’s visit Friday, September 17.
Lacson visited Garcia at the Provincial Capitol Friday, but the governor said One Cebu is more focused now on strengthening the group.
She said they will decide on who to support for president on November 15, the deadline set by the Commission on Elections for the substation of candidates.
The filing of certificate of candidacy is set to start on October 8.
"Senate President Tito Sotto already here that they are running for the president and vice-president. I think so far, murag mao pa man nay klaru. That's why ang One Cebu has come up with a statement nga we will only focus and that's what I told them. We are focusing on the strengthening of One Cebu because right now, the situations seem to be very very fluid in the national scene, and we will have to decide. We have until November 15 kay even though the deadline for the filing if COC on the eighth of October, but we have until 15th of November for substitution," Garcia said.
She said Lacson and Sotto are the ones who will clearly run for president in next year’s elections. (MVE)