We were just searching for LTE smartphones available in the Philippines when we stumbled upon Globe Telecom's microsite for the Samsung Galaxy S4. It details Globe's postpaid and prepaid packages for those who are eyeing the Korean manufacturer's latest flagship smartphone.
The prepaid kit costs P30,990, P2,000 less than the Samsung Galaxy S III's initial price.
If you're keen on getting a postpaid bundle, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is free for as low as Plan 1799 with a lock-in period of 30 months. The S III was at first free at Plan 1799.
You can see how aggressive the pricing is for the Samsung Galaxy S4.
Now, when will Smart Communications reveal its prepaid and postpaid pricing for Samsung's latest smartphone? Will they be as tempting as Globe's offers? It will just be a matter of time before we get wind of them.
Samsung Galaxy S4 specs:
- Exynos 5 Octa chipset
- Quad-core 1.6GHz Cortex-A15 CPU and quad-core 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 CPU
- PowerVR SGX544MP3 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32/64GB internal storage with microSD card slot (up to 64GB)
- 5-inch Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 (1080 x 1920 resolution; 441ppi)
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash
- 2-megapixel front camera
- 2600mAh battery
- Android Jelly Bean (version 4.2.2)