Grab to suspend ride-sharing services starting March 13

Robie de Guzman

MANILA, Philippines – Grab Philippines on Thursday announced it will suspend its ride-sharing services starting Friday, March 13 in compliance with the social distancing being prescribed by authorities to combat novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

In an advisory, Grab said its GrabShare services will temporarily be unavailable in Metro Manila and Cebu beginning 12:00 noon on Friday to help in efforts against the spread of the virus.

“Other Grab transport services will remain to be available to serve our commuting public,” it said.

The company also reminded its passengers to “plan their trips prudently” and to “take personal hygiene seriously,” as repeatedly advised by health authorities to avoid contracting the virus.

Grab said its ride-sharing services will resume “as soon as the public health situation de-escalates.”

The Philippines has so far recorded 49 coronavirus infections with two fatalities.

The post Grab to suspend ride-sharing services starting March 13 appeared first on UNTV News.