Houseboy dies from electrocution

·1 min read

A 17-YEAR-OLD houseboy died after being electrocuted in Purok 2, Barangay Tuburan Sur, Danao City, Cebu on Tuesday afternoon, July 5, 2022.

Master Sergeant Raymund Bacordo of Danao City Police Station said that the victim had already stopped schooling to run errands for Lyndon Del Rosario, owner of a fried chicken business.

Bacordo said that around 1 p.m. of July 5, the minor victim assisted Del Rosario in welding a food stall when he got electrocuted.

The victim, identified as Reynante Lucero, allegedly could have touched a live extension wire connected to the welding machine when he and Del Rosario helped erect the stall.

"Ang extension wire nga gigamit sa welding naka-plug unya naipit, unya mostly ang materials sa stall kay metal mao'ng nakuryentehan ang biktima pagkupot niya," Bacordo said.

(The extension wire used in welding was stuck, then the stall is mostly made of metal, thus the victim got electrocuted when he touched it).

Bacordo said Del Rosario promised to shoulder the burial expenses for the victim and give financial assistance to his family in Camotes. (GDC, TPT)

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting