26 Nov – Korean singer AILEE, American performer Nicole Scherzinger and Philippine's own Jake Zyrus were among the few who recently collaborated with Filipino-American musical director Troy Laureta in his new album, "KAIBIGAN: A Troy Laureta OPM Collective".
Co-produced by ABS-CBN Music International, the album, which consists of fresh music collection, was released on 22 November to a collaboration with a slew of international and local artistes, kicking off with a short intro of "Harana" followed by eight OPM tracks rendered by musicians from the US and Asia.
Aside from AILEE who performed Martin Niviera's "Kahit Isang Saglit", Scherzinger belting Regine Velasquez's "Pangako", and Jake Zyrus doing "Usahay", the album also consists of these performances:
1. YouTuber Matt Bloyd performing Laureta's favourite Jay-R song "Bakit Pa Ba";
2. America's "The Voice" season 2 quarter finalist Cheesa rendering the Jessa Zaragoza original "Bakit Pa";
3. "American Idol" season 10 finalist Pia Toscano singing "Kailangan Kita" written by Ogie Alcasid;
4. American singer, songwriter, and pianist Sheléa recording Angeline Quinto's "Patuloy Ang Pangarap"; and;
5. Regine Velasquez's special rendition of Laureta's father's favourite song, "Hanggang Sa Dulo ng Walang Hanggan". Said Laureta, "I owe a lot to Filipino music and this song expresses my undying love for my culture, our music, and my roots."
Troy Laureta's "KAIBIGAN" is out now on digital platforms worldwide.