There is currently no vaccine to prevent 2019-nCoV infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
As a reminder, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recommended everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
People who think they may have been exposed to 2019-nCoV should contact their healthcare provider immediately. — (with details from Yam Escala) /mbmf
The post Know: How to prevent novel coronavirus infection —CDC appeared first on UNTV News.