Malacañang offices to be partially closed for disinfection

Aileen Cerrudo

Presidential Communications Operations Secretary Martin Andanar has announced that the Malacañang Palace will be partially closed for disinfection amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) threat.

Andanar has ordered the disinfection of the New Executive Building due to the concerns of several Department of Finance (DOF) officials who had been with Finance Secretary Sonny Dominguez.

Andanar said Dominguez had been exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 case during a recent Senate hearing.

“We have already ordered the disinfection of the Malacañang Press Briefing Room, Press Working Area, and other areas within the New Executive Building (NEB),” he said in a statement on Thursday (March 12).

The official also reported that some DOF employees are already undergoing self-quarantine.

“Some members of the Malacañang Press Corps (MPC) who covered the economic briefing also deemed it best to undergo self-quarantine,” Andanar said.—AAC (with reports from Rosalie Coz)

The post Malacañang offices to be partially closed for disinfection appeared first on UNTV News.